Duct Cleaning in the Fort Myers Area
Over time dust, pollen, mold spores, animal dander and much more can accumulate in your air conditioning ductwork. Duct cleaning done right can remove much of these items. Duct cleaning done right can be beneficial to the overall performance of your air conditioning system. Duct cleaning done wrong can make the situation worse. The following is a quote from National Air Duct Cleaning Association(NADCA), “Fiberglass lined metal ductwork, flex duct, and fiberglass duct board can be damaged by overly-aggressive removal techniques and must be handled accordingly.”
At the FL Green Team we use the latest technology from Aire-Care that has a multiple speed vacuum that can be adjusted to eliminate damaging the ductwork.
Above is a video on the “state of the art” Aire-Care DuctMaster III duct cleaning system.
What is the Air Duct Cleaning Process?
1. Clean the air handler.
- Inspect the system for proper operation, we will disconnect the power before opening the unit for safety.
- Vacuum the interior surfaces of the Air Handler.
- Clean the cooling coils with a HEPA vacuum and a coil cleaner.
- Inspect the Blower unit.
2. Clean the supply and return registers and grills.
- Remove wall, ceiling grills where possible.
- Wash and rinse grills.
3. Clean the supply and return ducts.
- Clean all air ducts using powerful duct cleaning equipment.
- Decontaminate cleaned ducts with Soot set sealant, and Bio-Fresh Deodorizer.
4. Clean or replace air filters.
In addition to cleaning your ductwork system we will:
- Inspect the ductwork for proper air flow
- Check Ductwork Connections For Proper Sealing